Park & Ride
Walton-le-Dale (Capitol Centre) Park & Ride
Walton-le-Dale Park & Ride
from 30 April 2012
The 810 space Park & Ride is located at the rear of the Capitol Centre at Walton-le-Dale and boasts many special features:
(217 KB, Acrobat PDF)
- Low floor easy access hybrid buses
- Internal and external CCTV coverage for added passenger safety and comfort
- Distinctive Park & Ride livery
- Buses up to every 5/8 minutes throughout the day (Monday-Saturday)
- On Bank Holidays buses run every 15 minutes
- Manned Park & Ride site also featuring CCTV
- Easy parking
- Open from 0700 to 1930 Monday to Saturday
- Open on Bank Holidays (including Substitute Bank Holidays) from 1030 to 1730
- Closed Christmas Day, Boxing Day, New Year’s Day and Easter Sunday
- On-site toilets and kiosk
- Covered waiting area with seating
- Fully illuminated site
- Disabled and parent & child parking
- Ride & Ride – cycle parking available
- This site has been awarded secured car park status
Walton-le-Dale Park & Ride Bus Services
The first service for the City Centre (Jacson Street) leaves at 0700 and then buses run up to every 5/8 minutes with the last departure at 1922.
Return services from the City Centre operate up to every 5/8 minutes until the last departure for Walton-le-Dale at 1930.
On Bank Holidays there is a 15-minute service from 1030. Last bus back from Jacson Street 1721.
Services operate non-stop to and from the Jacson Street terminus next to the Harris Museum/Library in the City Centre with the exception of one inbound and outbound stop on London Road.
The Park and Ride site will also be open on the 5 Sundays preceding Christmas and will run up to 21:30 on selected Christmas late night shopping evenings in Preston .
Walton-le-Dale Park & Ride Bus fares
The Return fare from the Park & Ride to Preston City Centre is £2.50 per person before 0930 (Monday to Friday).
After 0930 and all day on Saturdays and Bank Holidays the cost is only £1.20 per person.
Children pay 60p return at any time of day. Concessions are available to senior citizens and disabled passengers on production of a valid concessionary travel pass.
Please buy your tickets on the bus.
Walton-le-Dale Park & Ride Special Fares
A Family Ticket is also available at the cost of £5.00 before 0930 and £3.00 after 0930 and all day on Saturdays and Bank Holidays.
A Family Ticket allows 4 persons travelling in the same vehicle to travel.
Regular travelers can purchase a ‘Saverstrip’ peak ticket for £22.50 (before 09:30) and Saverstrip off peak (after 09:30 and all day Saturday and bank holidays) which allow ten journeys for the price of nine.
These can be bought from the on-site kiosk. Payment can be made by debit/credit card at the on-site kiosk
Other money saving options are available, enquire at the kiosk at Walton-le-Dale, the bus station
or ask the driver for details.
Please note that the car park is locked after the last bus departs the site. A charge of £40 may be payable to the bus operator if they are called out to release cars outside the scheduled operational hours.